KNUD E. HANSEN is looking for an experienced Naval Architect to join the company in Denmark (Helsingør) or the UK (London). The successful candidate will become an integrated part of the project teams and will support the projects by optimizing hydrodynamics while respecting the constraints and suggesting improvements. There will good possibilities for developing other skills within ship design.
The following outlines the job description in more detail:
- Perform CFD calculations and assist in hull and appendage optimization
- Produce power predictions based on empirical formulas and CFD
- Perform seakeeping calculations
- Participate in other aspects of ship design as required
- Present results in self-explanatory high-quality reports
- Actively communicate with the project groups
- Read, interpret, and comprehend customer and project requirements
- Maintain a current knowledge of software tools, trends and new developments
Candidate must as a minimum have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture or a relevant engineering field of study
- Five (5) years of industry or technically related work experience from European: Ship Owner, shipyard, class, consultancy or other relevant employer.
- Proficiency to work in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities and perform multiple tasks with critical concurrent deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as a minimum in English
- Self-motivated in anticipating, identifying, and taking action on potential issues and problems
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to think independently and formulate conclusions consistent with KNUD E. HANSEN’s high standards
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, integrity and ethics in the performance of assigned tasks
- Knowledge of NAPA and Numeca FINE/Marine an advantage
- Skills in programming with python/VB an advantage
- Travel as required to support field, client or supplier
What we offer
At KNUD E HANSEN, the top priority is having great people who can live up to the demanding expectations from our customers in the marine and offshore industry. To help you live up to those expectations, you will have about 80 colleagues which support you when required and give the opportunity to develop your career within state of the art ship design.
This position can be located in Denmark (Helsingør) or UK (London).
KNUD E. HANSEN – is a leading independant consultancy providing a comprehensive range of design, engineering and project management services to shipyards and ship owners around the world. Our innovative, customised solutions cover areas ranging from the building and conversion of all types of maritime vessels and offshore structures to energy optimisation and services for the offshore wind industry. KNUD E. HANSEN was founded in 1937 in Denmark. More than 700 vessels have been built to our designs and we have done over 300 successful conversions