- JOB AREA: Senior Naval Architect / Ship Design
- LOCATION: Denmark or the United Kingdom
- EXPERIENCE: 8+ years
We are looking for a Senior Naval Architect to join our diverse company. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to fulfill a leading role in the design of various types of industry leading ships and offshore installation vessels that push the boundaries of todays market.
KNUD E HANSEN is a dynamic company in a demanding industry which is rocketing into the transition of green fuels and carbon free transport. We invite you to become part of our world class team of ship designers and play an important role in how the future of shipping should look.
- Take the lead role in the design of new vessels or conversions of existing vessels, from Concept Design starting with a blank piece of paper up until class approval by the Authorities, Basic Design.
- Project managemenT
- Communicate with Owner, Class, and Authorities
- Drive design improvements in response to more environmentally friendly shipping, client satisfaction, value engineering and reliability improvement.
- Naval Architect (B. SC/M.SC or equivalent)
- Eight (8) years of proven relevant work experience from shipyard, Class, consultancy or similar.
- Language: proficiency in English
- Good understanding of the design process and how various disciplines interact with each other.
- Experience with general ship design and related regulations such as SOLAS, IMO codes etc.
- Positive and open-minded attitude when working in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities, and whilst performing multiple tasks with critical concurrent deadlines.
- Self-motivated in anticipating, identifying and acting on potential issues.
- Able to think independently and formulate conclusions consistent with KNUD E. HANSEN’s high standards.
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, integrity, and ethics in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and MS office. Knowledge to NAPA is an advantage.
- Being ready to travel as required to support clients or suppliers on the field.
- Having a current working entitlement/visa to work in Denmark.
We offer a fun and challenging work environment that provides every team member with a chance to develop their career through role diversity, training in the latest software applications, and opportunities for advancement.
Our working culture allows benefits such as flexible working hours, remote work opportunity, 5-star lunch, great healthcare, insurance, and a modern office environment.
KNUD E. HANSEN provides design & engineering on new builds, refits and conversions since 1937. Our designs can be found in all corners of the globe and on a wide variety of vessel types including RoPax, RoRo, Wind Turbine Installation Vessels, PCTC’s, tankers, icebreakers, container, research and supply vessels.
We are among the leading ship design companies in the world, and we know that what got us here is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the challenges, strive to push the boundaries for excellence in ship design and are always taking the opportunity to develop.
At KNUD E HANSEN, one of the top priorities is having an energetic, hard-working staff who can live up to the demanding expectations from our customers in the marine and offshore industry. We have a full-time staff of about 100 individuals, representing many nationalities and technical backgrounds.