- LOCATION: Denmark (Elsinore/Odense), United States, or the United Kingdom
- EXPERIENCE: 5 Years
- JOB AREA: Naval Architect with Stability Expertise
KNUD E. HANSEN is looking for a Naval Architect to provide Stability Expertise (with proven use of NAPA software) capable of offering support at all stages of the design process for various vessel types, from initial concept development through to vessel delivery.
The chosen Naval Architect will become part of an experienced stability team that will need to be capable of undertaking projects independently and effectively translate applicable rules requirements into efficient design decisions and proposals for the rest of the team.
Candidates should be able to take a lead role on the Stability side of ongoing and future projects with proven experience when it comes to working closely with demanding customers. Due to this requirement the selected candidate should have an existing professional standing within the industry.
The Candidate needs to have experience in executing and coordinating lightweight surveys and inclining experiments for new builds and existing vessels with a focus on also carrying out stability enhancements.
The successful Candidate will be based in our Danish Offices and should be able to travel worldwide based on projects requirements.
- Conducting Lightweight Surveys and Inclining Experiments
- Take a lead role in the stability aspects of ship design.
- Follow up new regulations related to Stability (Class, IMO, etc.) and get them implemented in the company.
- Communicate effectively with Class and Flag authorities.
- Participate in design meetings.
- Ensure projects and scopes are carried out in accordance with client requirements.
- Minimum BEng in Naval Architecture from a recognized University.
- The role demands strong knowledge in the use of NAPA Software for stability
- At least 5 years of proven experience in either Shipyards, Classification Societies, or other Design/Consulting Companies
- Good understanding of ship design and ship approval process
- Comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team environment performing multiple tasks with critical concurrent deadlines.
- Able to anticipate, identify and take action on potential issues and problems.
- Ability to handle clients’ and colleagues’ requests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Experienced and passionate about vessel design and the maritime industry.
- Proficient in Business English. The role requires verbal and written communication in English.
WHAT WE OFFER
KNUD E HANSEN, the top priority is having a hard-working, energetic staff who can live up to the demanding expectations from our customers in the marine and offshore industry. We have a full-time staff of about 100 individuals, representing many nationalities and technical backgrounds. We take pride in fostering a fun and challenging work environment that provides every team member with a chance to develop their career through role diversity, training in the latest software applications, and opportunities for advancement.
KNUD E. HANSEN is a leading independent consultancy providing a comprehensive range of design, engineering and project management services to shipyards and ship owners around the world. Our innovative, customized solutions cover areas ranging from the building and conversion of all types of maritime vessels and offshore structures to energy optimization and services for the offshore wind industry. KNUD E. HANSEN was founded in 1937 in Denmark. More than 800 vessels have been built to our designs.
KNUD E. HANSEN has 85-year experience, provides design & engineering on new builds, refits and conversions. Our designs can be found in all corners of the globe and on a wide variety of vessel types including, Jack-Ups Wind Installation Vessels, Ultra Large Ro-Ro, PCTC, Ro-Pax, Ferries, Offshore Wind, Offshore platform & support vessels.