MARINE HVAC DESIGN & KNUD E. HANSEN is looking for a Senior HVAC engineer to join the company. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team working on every design step from the concept to the detail design. The candidate is expected to reside in Denmark (Helsingør area).
Candidate must have a minimum of:
- BSc and/or MSc degree in Marine Engineering or similar fields
- 8+ years’ experience in a similar position
- Languages: proficiency in English
- Able to manage a design team and be the reference in terms of HVAC design solutions (innovation, energy optimisation and cost improvements)
- Develop the HVAC designs in all phases (Concept/Tender/Basic) and for the main ship area: Cargo and Engine Room, Accommodation will be an advantage
- Perform all types of HVAC calculations (heat loads calculations, pressure drop calculations, noise calculations, etc.) and create the necessary documentations (one-line diagrams, process flow diagrams, technical specifications, etc.)
- Knowledge in the offshore plants and Navy will be an advantage
- Is self-motivated and able to identify and act on potential issues and problems
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and independently without a supervision
- Traveling will be required to support Clients in the field
- Microsoft Office
- MagiCAD / CypeTherm loads / Carrier HAP will be an advantage
At KNUD E HANSEN, the top priority is having a hard-working, energetic staff who can live up to the demanding expectations from our customers in the marine and offshore industry. We have a full-time staff of about 90 individuals, representing many nationalities and technical backgrounds. We take pride in fostering a fun and challenging work environment that provides every team member with a chance to develop their career through role diversity, training in the latest software applications, and opportunities for advancement.
KNUD E. HANSEN is a leading independent consultancy providing a comprehensive range of design, engineering and project management services to shipyards and ship owners around the world. Our innovative, customised solutions cover areas ranging from the building and conversion of all types of maritime vessels and offshore structures to energy optimisation and services for the offshore wind industry. KNUD E. HANSEN was founded in 1937 in Denmark. More than 800 vessels have been built to our designs.
Appointment start: As soon as possible
Workplace: Claessensvej 1, 3000 Helsingør, Denmark
We will hold interviews regularly until the right candidate has been found.