- JOB AREA: Senior Naval Architect or a Structural Engineer
- LOCATION: Denmark (ELSINORE/ODENSE), Spain, United States or the United Kingdom
- EXPERIENCE: 8+ YEARS
Become part of our team of world class ship designers and engineers
MARINE HVAC DESIGN & KNUD E. HANSEN is looking for a Senior Naval Architect or a Structural Engineer to join the company. The successful candidate(s) will provide engineering expertise and support to all stages of the Structural Design process for various types of ships and offshore installations.
- Take the lead role in Structural Design of new vessels or conversions of existing vessels, at Concept, Tender/Contract and Basic design level
- Support process and design improvements in response to cost reduction, value engineering, reliability improvement, and customer satisfaction drivers
- Communicate with Owner, Class and Authorities
- Naval Architect or Structural engineer (B.SC/M.SC or equivalent)
- Eight (8) years of proven work experience with structural design from shipyard, class, consultancy, or another relevant employer
- Languages: proficiency in English.
- Experience with structural design according to class rules and/or offshore standards
- Practical experience with steel construction from shipyard or offshore wind
- Experience with technical documentation for third party appraisal
- Experience with FE calculations
- Experience with 2D drawings for Class Approval
- Knowledge to shipbuilding standards and welding procedures
- Proficiency to work in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities and perform multiple tasks with critical concurrent deadlines
- Self-motivated in anticipating, identifying, and taking action on potential issues and problems
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to think independently and formulate conclusions consistent with KNUD E. HANSEN’s high standards
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, integrity and ethics in the performance of assigned tasks
- AutoCad, MS office, 3D-modelling
- Travelling will be required to support clients or suppliers on the field
- At KNUD E HANSEN, the top priority is having great people who can live up to the demanding expectations from our customers in the marine and offshore industry. To help you live up to those expectations, you will have about 100 colleagues which support you when required and give the opportunity to develop your career, including emerging mechanical engineering and state of the art ship design.
- This position can be located in Denmark, Spain or The United Kingdom. You will refer to the Head of Steel & Structure department.
Apply by below form or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE OFFER
We have over 30 years’ experience in the design of HVAC systems.
MARINE HVAC DESIGN & KNUD E. HANSEN provides design & engineering on new builds, refits and conversions. Our designs can be found in all corners of the globe and on a wide variety of vessel types including aircraft carriers, large cruise ships, and offshore platform & support vessels.
At MARINE HVAC DESIGN – KNUD E HANSEN, the top priority is having a hard-working, energetic staff who can live up to the demanding expectations from our customers in the marine and offshore industry. We have a full-time staff of about 90 individuals, representing many nationalities and technical backgrounds. We take pride in fostering a fun and challenging work environment that provides every team member with a chance to develop their career through role diversity, training in the latest software applications, and opportunities for advancement.
KNUD E. HANSEN is a leading independent consultancy providing a comprehensive range of design, engineering and project management services to shipyards and ship owners around the world. Our innovative, customised solutions cover areas ranging from the building and conversion of all types of maritime vessels and offshore structures to energy optimisation and services for the offshore wind industry. KNUD E. HANSEN was founded in 1937 in Denmark. More than 800 vessels have been built to our designs.