KNUD E. HANSEN is looking for an experienced Naval Architect to join the company. The successful candidate will become an integrated part of the project teams and will support the projects by calculating stability while respecting the constraints and suggesting optimizations.
There will be good possibilities for developing other skills within ship design and project management.
The following outlines the job description in more detail:
- Perform intact and damage stability calculations for all types of vessels
- Take responsibility of the stability from concept phase to Class approval
- Communicate with Client, Class and Authorities
- Present results in self-explanatory high-quality reports according to KNUD E. HANSEN’s standards
- Actively communicate with the project groups
- Read, interpret, and comprehend customer and project requirements
- Participate in other aspects of ship design as required
Candidate must as a minimum have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture or a relevant engineering field of study
- Ten (10) years of industry or technically related work experience from European: Ship Owner, shipyard, class, consultancy or other relevant employer
- Three (3) years’ experience with NAPA
- Good understanding of current and upcoming stability regulations
- Proficiency to work in a team environment with rapidly changing priorities and perform multiple tasks with critical concurrent deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as a minimum in English
- Self-motivated in anticipating, identifying, and taking action on potential issues and problems
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to think independently and formulate conclusions consistent with KNUD E. HANSEN’s high standards
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, integrity and ethics in the performance of assigned tasks
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Rhino is an advantage
- Travel as required to support field, client or supplier
What we offer
At KNUD E HANSEN, the top priority is having great people who can live up to the demanding expectations from our customers in the marine and offshore industry. To help you live up to those expectations, you will have about 90 colleagues which support you when required and give the opportunity to develop your career within state of the art ship design.
This position can be located in Denmark (Helsingør) or UK (London).
KNUD E. HANSEN – is a leading independant consultancy providing a comprehensive range of design, engineering and project management services to shipyards and ship owners around the world. Our innovative, customised solutions cover areas ranging from the building and conversion of all types of maritime vessels and offshore structures to energy optimisation and services for the offshore wind industry. KNUD E. HANSEN was founded in 1937 in Denmark. More than 750 vessels have been built to our designs and we have done over 350 successful conversions