02 October 2013
Article from Reefertrends
Rebirth of Reefer Ships: Danish Naval Architecture firm, KNUD E. HANSEN, is behind the design of Reefer RoRo.
After two very successful RoRo and RoCon designs for CMN and Bahri our focus has moved into the reefer market. KNUD E. HANSEN is the Naval Architecture firm behind the Reefer RoRo, which has been developed in close cooperation with REEFER INTEL and STENA RoRo.
Reefer Intel is owned by Mr. Birger Lindberg Skov, former President of Lauritzen Reefers A/S.
The Vessel is intended for worldwide operation as a RoRo Reefer Vessel in the banana trade with special emphasize on fast and efficient cargo handling in port – also “green technology” has been considered for the machinery plant systems of this vessel.
- 40 % lower unit cost
- 45 % more capacity than traditional reefers
- Load and discharge in only 12 hours, compared to the average 36-48 hours
- Slow steaming/Fuel Saving
- Length, overall: 199.00 m
- Length, between perpendiculars: pp185.00 m
- Breadth, moulded: 29.00 m
- Depth to main deck: 10.20 m
- Design draught, moulded: 8.40 m
- Containers 1st layer: 100 FEU
- Container 2nd layer: 110 FEU
- Cassettes in holds: 365
- Total number of HC pallets: 11,500
- Service speed: 20,5 knots
- Main engine: two-stroke turbo charged slow-speed marine diesel engine
- Installed power: 25340 kw
- Aux. engines: 4×2540 kw
- PTO-generator: 3500 Kwe