- VESSEL TYPE: RoRo
- Vessel name: Stena Searunner
SCOPE OF WORK
- Conceptual Design developed for the Owner
- Part Basic Design developed for the shipyard
- Several conversion projects, including:
- Lengthening (12.6 m and 33.6 m)
- Upgrading to passenger vessels
- New bulbous bows
- Stability upgrades
- SOLAS 90 upgrades
Project specificationDownload specification
The vessel was designed for Stena AB, Sweden. In total, 11 vessels of the Stena Searunner design were built by Hyundai Heavy Industries, South Korea. The first vessel was delivered in 1977 and those vessels remaining in service are operated by a number of operators around the world, and as a group they are considered to be one of the most successful classes of RoRo vessels ever built.
More than 100 various assignments have been carried out for the various Owners of the series of 11 vessels.
GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR EXPERTS TO GET QUALIFIED ADVICE ABOUT YOUR IDEAS OR NEEDS